Monday, May 3, 2010

Olivia's Nursery

Okay, so I have decided to try and make/sew as many items for Olivia's nursery as I possibly can. My goal is to sew the crib skirt, sew the curtains, make the storage fabric boxes, make the decorations, and various other items. I also found and bought Olivia's giant dresser/changing table at a garage sale for only $45! I am planning on making Joul paint it an antique blue.


Here is the before picture of the dresser at the garage sale: just imagine that it will be much prettier in a few weeks!



I am also currently working on sewing Olivia's diaper bag. Now, I have never taken on such a huge task, but I am determined to make it work, as Tim Gunn would say on Project Runway.

Anyway, I finished my first official item for Olivia's nursery last night. Thanks to taking an after-church nap, I was unable to go to bed and thus got crafty. I decided to take a cardboard box and make that box, using fabric and a hot glue gun, into the diaper box for Olivia's changing table.

Before:

After:

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing the dresser transformed. I love the colors on the changing basket! It will be such a sense of accomplishment to be the one to paint and sew everything for her room. What a special gift to give to Olivia. Looking forward to seeing the finished nursery.

    ReplyDelete