Saturday, January 1, 2011

Birthdays

What's weird is you ask anyone I grew up with, especially my siblings, and they would have never guessed that I would grow up to love sewing and crafting. But I do...I can't help myself. If I could, I would spend hours admiring those awesome crafting blogs and then a few more hours attempting my own crafts. Anyway, on with the title of this blog. Starting with Spenser's first birthday and then Chloe's fifth birthday party, I decided that I would begin making the decorations (or as much as I could) for my children's birthday parties. I just thought that was something special and unique I could contribute to my children and I also thought it would be fun to look back at everything when my kids are all grown up. Last week (while preparing for Spenser's second..eek....bday party) I decided that I wanted to make something that I could display at every birthday party for my children. I knew that I wanted to have a birthday banner that I could display for every party and I also knew I wanted to use fabric. I decided to purchase a tan twin sheet and use both girl and boy fabric and spell out happy birthday on the banner...this is what I came up with:





So, it's really wrinkled right now, but for the parties, I'll throw it in the dryer and it will hopefully take out all of the wrinkles. It's also not perfect, but I really do love it. I can't wait until my kids are adults and I am still pulling out the tattered and worn happy birthday sign to celebrate with them!

1 comment: