Tuesday, June 16, 2009

sleep....

When Spenser was six weeks old, much like his older sister, he began sleeping through the night in his crib. I was able to nurse him around 11 and then put him down for a wonderful night of sleep. Lately, he has been wanting to nurse around 9 at night and then go to sleep, and this has been oh so good! He usually gets up around 6 or 7 in the morning to eat and then he usually wants to go back down in his crib for a morning nap. The rest of the day when he would get tired, he wanted to be held while he slept. Now, when he was a few months old, this was okay. However, now that he is so big and rolling around so much, it is hard to hold him the entire time he wants to take a nap. Also, I cannot sit on the couch with him for an hour or two when I have a lovely four year old who wants to play with me. When he turned five months old, I decided that it was time he learned to nap in his crib. This has been a struggle. I will usually rock him when he is tired and he will be fast asleep, then when I lay him down...he wakes up. However, I am determined to get him to take naps in his crib. The other day when he was supposed to be taking a nap, I went in to check on him because he was quiet and this is what I found....

This is not how I put him down for his nap...but he squirmed around and was playing....he is too cute! (we also had to get a bumper pad, because he rolls over and then gets his chubby legs stuck in the crib!)

1 comment:

  1. I don't know who these babies are that sleep through the night at 6 weeks! Mine like to wait 10 months or so. Good for you that he is a great little sleeper. Good luck on the nap routine. We're still haphazard with out naps around here, too.

    ReplyDelete